The Push Notification Bridge stores subscription information in
memory. To persist this information past the end of the bridge process, implement a
The persistence API
The Push Notification Bridge persistence API provides the following interfaces for
you to use to develop your persistence plugin:
- Your implementation of this interface is referenced by the bridge
configuration and is called by the bridge to build the
- Your implementation of this interface is called by the bridge when push
notification subscriptions and unsubscriptions are made. It uses this
information to update the persisted model of the subscriptions.
- Your implementation of this interface is called by the bridge when it
starts and is used to update the model of subscriptions held in memory
by the bridge.
- This provides a context for events passed to the
Saver interface. It is used for logging and audit
Full API documentation is available at the following location: Java API
Developing the persistence plugin
A JAR file that contains the persistence API is available on the Push Technology
To use Maven
to declare the dependency, first add the
public repository to your
Next declare the following dependency in your pom.xml file:
Using the persistence plugin
- Compile your persistence code.
- Ensure that the compiled code is on the classpath of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM) that runs the bridge.
- Configure the bridge to use your persistence plugin.
attribute of the
element to specify the name of the
class in your plugin. For example:
The content of the persistence element can be text
content. This content is passed into the saver factory as arguments.
For more information, see Configuring your Push Notification Bridge.